Thursday, March 12, 2009

Updates

Well it has been a while since I have updated, I keep telling myself to update more, but time just gets away from me. I really don't know how I got everything done while I was working full time and still keeping up with the kids!!!
I have had another surgery on the 2nd, it was another reconstruction this time to work on the right side. This is the side that has remained undone since my original mastectomy, so it was good to finally get started on that side. I was back in Dallas again and had a Latiamus Dorsal flap (sp?) where they take a muscle from my back cut it and rotate it to the front. Then they put an implant in instead of an expander (due to my previous failed expander attempt). It is a smaller implant than the size of my other size, but they will put a larger one in at a later date. They will also do some work on the left side to get everything symetric. Hope that was not too much info, lol.

I also got to participate in a wonderful conference the weekend before my surgery there in Dallas for young survivors of breast cancer. I have never cried, laughed, giggled, hurt, and had more fun in my entire life. It was so refreshing to be with over 600 women who totally understand where I am coming from. These women were such an inspiration to me and have made many friends that I hope will be friends for life. Even women who are stage 4 with mets, gave me so much inspiration, and can not thank them all enough. Here are a few of the ladies that I had the privledge to meet while I was there.

This is me with Lisa and Melinda.


This is Bethany, Me, Christi and Nicole.

And finally me and Lisa again, even though Lisa is diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer, she is such and fighter and wonderfully upbeat person. Thank you Lisa for allowing me to get to know you.

These are just a few of the wonderful ladies that I met and we are all from the website http://www.youngsurvival.org/. If you would like to donate to this wonderful website, please do, you can also check out so many stories from other women who have battled, lost their battle and are still battling.

Love to you all

Jamie

0 comments: